We are manufacturer and supplier of Mould Flux Powder. It is also known by names such as casting powder. It plays an important role in the continuous casting of liquid steels.
1) It forms a good lubricating film on the surface of mould not allowing solidifying metal adhesion to the mould.
2) It provides easy and fast solidification of metal by providing high rate heat removal from metal.
3) It gives very good performance at elevated temperatures with the aid of its well selected additives.
4) It increases the quality of metal surface.
5) It is cheaper than Rapeseed/Casting Oil.
How It Works:
Casting Powder contains low melting constituents that instantly generate liquid slag, which penetrates into the gap between the mould and the solidifying shell of the billet. Casting powder is added in small amounts and continuously over the casting duration. The melting of the casting powder occurs slowly in layers. Hence, the top surface of the liquid metal in the billet / slab / bloom always remains protected from the atmosphere.
Traditionally casting powder is used for bloom and slab casting. Now, it is used for billet (open) casting also as an alternative to mould oil for some plants.
Minimum Order Quantity